Advice Needed

  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

 Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bhyatm View Drop Down

Joined: 19 Mar 2010
Posts: 1
  Quote bhyatm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Needed
    Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 2:20pm
I wonder if people can bestow there wisdom on me -
My situation is as follows:
in june 1985 I was granted permanent residency to canada under my father's visa, (I was 9 at the time)  I subsequently lived and studied in Canada for a period of 7 years until the age of 16
In 1992 my parents decided that they wanted to come back to south africa, I did not, but I had no choice in the matter as I did not have the means to support myself
Upon returning to south africa I had every intention of returning to canada as soon as possible, and I spent the next years working towards that :
specifically by
getting my business degree (so I would have enough points to be apply under the skilled worker category)
becoming self sufficient (economically and otherwise)
progressing my career (I am a software engineer)
In 2004 (just after the canadian points system was lowered) I applied for canadian immigration under the skilled worker category (it took a while to get all the required docs)
my application was accepted and I was given a reference number
I have since waited patiently (almost 6 years), and I received a response today from the high commission stating that my application is now under review, however I am required to now complete an "application for travel document" due to the fact that I was a permanent resident of canada.
I dismissed this document in prior years due to the residency obligations that needed to be fulfilled, but now they are asking me to complete it before they will consider my skilled worker application
(the is a section on the form entitled humanitarian - which I what I am considering)
To make matters worse I was born with cerebral palsy, and walk with the aid of crutches, and although it does not effect my ability in any way, and in no way burdens the government, I suspect this may become a contentious issue later on
I need comments and advice on what to do next, should I fill in the form and see what happens ?? should I seek the advice of a lawyer which leads to the question does anyone know a good lawyer that can help me  
Any comments would be welcome
Back to Top
preet1 View Drop Down

Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Location: ldh
Posts: 0
  Quote preet1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 1:30pm
It seems like a hot new trend, but yoga actually began more than 3,000 years ago in India. The word yoga is Sanskrit (one of the ancient languages of the East). It means to "yoke," or unite, the mind, body, and spirit.Although yoga includes physical exercise, it is also a lifestyle practice for which exercise is just one component. Training your mind, body, and breath, as well as connecting with your spirituality, are the main goals of the yoga lifestyle.The physical part of the yoga lifestyle is called hatha yoga. Hatha yoga focuses on asanas, or poses. A person who practices yoga goes through a series of specific poses while controlling his or her breathing. Some types of yoga also involve meditation and chanting.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.06
Copyright ©2001-2007 Web Wiz